I love to help people shine in front of every audience every time. I develop programs, products, and services that help professionals enjoy the amazing experience of having more confidence, more influence, and performing better under pressure—and doing it all in a way that saves them time! I have three decades of experience and thousands of hours in front of TV cameras, radio audiences, conference rooms, and ball rooms as a broadcaster, speaker, trainer and coach. I have won regional Emmy awards and Edward R. Murrow awards, but what brings me the biggest thrill is helping others feel the power of unleashing their authentic self in front of the room or in front of the media.
When I’m not speaking, writing, coaching, broadcasting Ravens games, or anchoring a sportscast on the nightly news, I love to travel with my family. Lee Ann, Katy, Zack and I have travelled from Montreal to Mont Saint Michelle, from South Beach to the Bahamas, from Nashville to Normandy Beach—and a lot of amazing stops in between.
A few years ago Katy (whose is with me in the photo to the left) and I had the ultimate Daddy-daughter date night when we received our Super Bowl rings together—c’mon, how cool is that? I’m the play-by-play announcer for the NFL’s Baltimore Ravens and Katy worked in the marketing department when they won Super Bowl 47. Pure magic.
A couple of things you wouldn’t know about me from my time on-air or in front of the room:
- I’m a fountain pen collector—I know, nerd alert. We all have our quirks.
- I volunteered as the helper for my kids gym class when they were in grade school and I smile to this day every time I hear the sound of kids on a playground, completely unaware of all the stress that life has waiting for them.
- I’m the last of five kids, youngest of four boys. My dad’s name was John. My brothers: Jack, Jim, and Joe. For some reason my folks decided to spell my name with a G. So glad they did!
- For thirty years I didn’t eat red meat. Not really sure why, either. But I am making up for lost time.
Whether you communicate to your management team, staff, clients, prospects, or in front of a camera, I want to help you do it better.
Here are a few free offers that will also help you get to know me better and give me a chance to help you shine. Take a look at any or all of them. They're free and I think you'll find them extremely useful.
- Stage Fright: Why You Get it; What to Do About it.
- Audience Insights: How to Get to Know Your Audience Before You Show Up
- Present Like a Pro: Presentation Tips and Tricks Used by TV Pros